Tips for increasing the chances of your ART to be found online - my experience

Hello lovelies, I know this title has nothing to do with my gallery/museum tours as I promised before.
But wait a minute, really?  The reason I created this post is because I've received a lot of questions on a topic that I know is important to most of you.  How do you find buyers, custom clients, and overall how is the best way to sell online.  So, I wanted to stop and write this post and try to provide my highlights/successes in marketing.

First of all, if you have an online presence - shop or web... you have to start to promote! It is not likely you will maximize your success if you have all your eggs in one basket.  So, start with one site, gain comfort and develop and presence there and then move slowly to expand to the next one.  Often, the experience and learnings from one endeavor can prove valuable in the next.   There is lots of information and help online, so just pick one.  Examples: blog, pinterest, twitter, instagram, facebook and so on.... not in any particular order :).  If I was just starting, I perhaps would pick first social platform - Pinterest.  My shop stats show that most of my viewers are generated from Pinterest.  When someone "likes" your image, they can pin and others will re-pin it, spreading your art even farther to friends, groups, and teams...

Second, and this is very important ...  so pay attention .... the title of your artwork or any work you upload/publish online HAS TO BE NAMED PROPERLY! what is this means is: The most important and descriptive words that are used to describe your art/product should be in the title. But don't name it like a title of your art, it maybe familiar to you, but it unknown to your potential buyers yet. So, be more descriptive!

Third, and this is also very important (and I learned from my mistake).... so let me help you to avoid it. Every image you post on the internet/uploaded from you camera has to be named properly. What this means is .... those descriptive words that you chose to use in the title of your work should also be used in the naming of your file for that art.  In the example below, instead of a generic non-descriptive name, I chose to upload this art as "new york-illustration.jpg".   This creates a tag for search engines (like google search) to look for New York Illustration in search.
link
New Watercolor NYC

More online selling tips will follow..... so my best wishes for you lovelies entrepreneurs and let me know if you have more questions or tips to share! And don't forget about killer headline - it has to be want to click and read!!!






Now, your turn! Leave me a comment, I will visit your blog as well :) 
follow me here
                                             xx, Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment