Art Tour of Musee D' Orsay in Paris, France

Looking back on my trip to the Paris Museums:   Second stop - Art Tour of Musee D'Orsay
Each week I will focus on a different artist that I admire. This week's blog will therefore focus on one of my favorites of all time - Monet.  If you have visited the Louvre in Paris you would know that there is no impressionist art there, they were "blacklisted" by the classical art league. So instead, the Musee D'Orsey is a perfect home for the greatest art movement in history and I was so happy to see so many beautiful originals there.

I know there is a lot already posted but I would like to give you my perspective. We each have a unique way of seeing what surrounds us. Depending where we focus, and at what angle, can lead to varied perspective. We can be looking at the same picture and see it differently. Some of us will focus on details, others will look at the whole picture. I often remind myself to take a different view, stand back, come close, use all five senses to embrace what might not be obvious, just unseen.  I love to be a "detective" and challenge myself not to turn a blind eye. Have you ever felt like that? With a Monet in particular it is a hard to say what I like the most .... I think I like Monet's fresh idea and admire his first brave step into the unknown.  He did not think he was creating a masterpiece, he did not know that his painting" Impression Sunrise" would give a whole new art style it's name.  He was innovative and he followed his inspirations and he was right!  What is most fascinating about his work is that he creates a series of the same subject, but with a new light.  I love his beautiful waterlilies series and of course the Cathedrals!  Take a look at some of the photos I managed to capture of the Musee D'Orsay  - the cafe, the windows and the main entrance with beautiful architectural details of the building (old train station) and sculptures. Too bad it is forbidden to take pictures inside the museum! Let me know what do you think about this post.... and as alwaysI  love to see your lovely comments! xx, Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment