New Year Resolutions - Organized Office & Studio Space

Pin It  lanasartstudio.blogspot.com

Hello My Friends! It is hard to believe, but January is here - and with is it my first blog post of this new year I decided to start with organizing my space. As you can imagine, I spend most of my working time in the studio or at my desk...( when I have break from my traveling:)

So, it is crucial to have an inspiring, creative space and organized at the same time.  Here I would like to share my tips on how to stay productive at the optimum level:
  • Clean the Clutter Weekly
I used wait till an occasional guest visit to clean my desk area. But that only resembled more like tossing all my stuff in the closet and closing the door. This year one of my new resolutions is to spend Friday tossing old papers, organizing and labeling supplies, and putting all unused objects where they belong!
  • Find Storage Solution 
Not a priority in the past, but it can be a lot of fun to decorate storage areas to fit your decor.  Check out lots of DIY ideas on how to dress up your old file cabinet or bookshelf  (both in my studio need more attention).
P.S. Updated studio pictures are coming soon :)
  • Keep Cords organized and Out of Sight
Via
Tip from Martha StewartEliminate tangles under your work area by feeding all cords through a hole drilled in the desktop. Then plug the wires into a power-surge protector strip mounted on the underside of the desk. Keep cords in a coated wire basket (available at housewares stores) suspended under the desk with wire hooks. Tags identify where each machine wire comes from.  
- Great ideas!
Duni Studio
(I wish I was as organized as her)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/155097724/i-love-you-to-the-moon-and-back?ref=related-4
more here from Invisible Crown 
  • Pick Pretty and Fashionable Stationary and Accessories for Your Desk 
Maybe it just old fashion but I still love to use handwritten notes and thank you card for my friends and customers. I feel more connected and more personal about good old paper and pen. During the holiday shopping I found so many stylish accessories for my desk .... 
can't wait to dress up my desk in the new more updated modern style:) 

via
  • Make Inspirational Boards
I know what are you thinking .... another pinterest advertisement.  And of course you are right about .... I love the ease and convenience of my handy tool Pinterest.  But in time .... and I'm totally doing it .... I would like to create a real visual board.  It's nice to be surrounded by an inspiring wall while you are working!


via
Do you have your favorite organizational tips? 

I would like to share them if you have something on your blog just give me a link to add them here.

xx, Lana




No comments:

Post a Comment